Topics of this workshop are of interest to, but not limited to, the following research avenues.
Definitional models, for VLDL content, functionality, users, and policies (ref. DELOS reference model):
- Architectural models for VLDL systems;
- Data models for VLDL content;
- Design methodologies for VLDLs.
Ideas, experiments and practical experiences in VLDLs design and implementation:
- Constructing VLDLs as integration and federation of existing DLs;
- User management in VLDLs;
- Security issues in VLDLs;
- Sustainability issues in VLDLs;
- Scalability issues in VLDLs;
- Distribution issues for VLDLs;
- Interoperability issues for VLDLs: content and functionalities;
- Managing content in VLDLs: storage, indexing, integration, aggregation, preservation, manipulation, and others.